Sunday, June 7, 2009

Dear Blog

Dear Blog,

You have not been updated in a week. I have neglected you and I am sorry. Work has been busy and my mind mush. I haven't had time to think about you or the empty canvas that sits on my floor.

Tonight I have had a few glasses of wine and thought of you and wanted to stop in and say hello. I had an amazing red wine tonight - Penfolds Bin 138 - buy it! Great wine. I had a fun weekend with friends new and old and didn't do some other things I had planned. I wanted to start on a new piece of artwork, clean up the story I have been writing and clean-up my messy apartment. Instead I hung out with friends and had a wonderful time. It was good to get out of the house and enjoy being around others.

I feel blocked on my art, I have been testing a few things on small canvas, but nothing is working the way I want it too and I don't have that "feeling" right now. I have to find it. I look at the pieces I have done and think I am a joke. Why am I even doing this - self torture? I am not that good. Sigh. We will see how I feel next week. I think the stress of every day has just gotten to me and other things have been pushed to a void. I need to work on that.

Well, blog, I am tried and need to head off to bed. Tomorrow morning I plan on getting up an hour early and start the couch to 5k program. I am nervous about it and want to complete it. I have to be in the right mind enough to get my lazy ass out of bed. Wish me luck. But I am looking forward to getting completely in shape.

On that note. Good night.

Love,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment