Sunday, May 24, 2009

random thoughts

So, I have finally decided to start a blog. I have had this space for a while and had no idea what to go with it...what to write about...what to say...should it just be my general thoughts? Things I'm doing? What I am working on? Just a public dairy?

A little bit about me. I work in television news and have been in the business for over 10 years now. At heart, I am a wanna be artist. I want to write, I want to paint, I want to work in films, anything that lets me be creative and expressive. I have of recently started writing and have continued working on my paintings. I am a mixed medium painter...I make pieces using words. With my career, I can not be creative. It is a job where you have to research and uncover the facts and present them in a balanced way. I have always enjoyed working in news - I love researching ( I think it is my nosey nature - always wanting to know more and learn more)...but I try to make up in my free time, with art.

I am about to start a new piece for a couple of friends of mine, they want a big piece to put in their sitting room. It is a challenge to focus a painting on someone else. I have jotted a few ideas down on paper and now need to get the supplies and see if I can start this thing. I know where I want to go with the piece, I just need to figure out the starting point. I think that is the hardest part for me. That first stroke of paint and where it is going to take me. Sometimes, I can have a blank canvas staring back at me for weeks before I can even start and there is a collection of old canvas behind my frig, that have been re-painted so many times the paint is thick and the canvas is heavy - I need to throw them out, but I hate wasting the canvas. I had an art teacher tell me once that when you draw or paint there is never a mistake. Take that line and make it into something...and I have always followed that thinking. My hand is taking to somewhere, just continue to let it flow. I have decided that if I ever win the lottery that I am moving back to a place I love and I am going to open an art gallery/production house. I want to showcase and fund all of my friends art ( meaning paintings, movies...etc.). I can only dream at this point in time.

Right now, it is Sunday night, I am tired and really wishing that I did not have to go to work tomorrow. I had to work both yesterday and today for a few hours and just want a little break. My schedule there is all over the place for the next few months. This week I am working Monday - Thursday dayside, Friday - am show...then I am off on saturday, sunday and monday and work nightshift on Tuesday. I worked in an extra long weekend, and was hoping to go to Birmingham for the weekend, but it was pay my power bill or buy a plane ticket. The power bill won. But, I think it is a good thing, I found out today that a 2 friends of mine that live out of town are coming in this weekend, so that makes me happy. I love seeing old friends especially the ones, that are your closest friends thought know everything about you!

I tend to write in random thoughts, maybe I should re title this thing "Random thoughts of a single 30something".

I don't know who is going to be interested in reading this thing, but right now, it is going to serve me as an outlet, which I believe I need right now.

Cheers for now and good night.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is going to be GREAT, I can already tell!! You are officially a fine artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, how did you add those key words at the bottom (art random work)... I have been meaning to figure that out!

    ReplyDelete